Striking McDonald’s workers are calling for McSolidarity on International Workers Day – May Day. Announcing the times and locations of their pickets, McDonald’s workers from five striking stores have called for the public to show McSolidarity in person and online to support the McStrike.
Immediate Release 15 April 2018
- Workers vote by 95.2% for strike action at 5 McDonald’s stores across the UK.
- Workers will strike at Global CEO Steve Easterbrook’s hometown of Watford.
McDonald’s workers have announced strike action at 5 stores on International Workers Day (Tuesday 01 May 2018). The workers from 3 new stores in Manchester and Watford will join the stores at Crayford and Cambridge who made history last September by going on strike for the very first time in the UK.
McStrike needs your continued McSolidarity
- Give generously and urgently to the #McStrike Fund
- Pass this #McStrike MODEL MOTION to back the strike
- Invite a McStriker to address a union/campaign meeting or demonstration Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rush messages of solidarity and support (they give the strikers such a boost!)
- Get the iconic #McStrike T-shirt worn by the strikers as they made history.
McDonald’s workers balloted at Crayford (south east London) and Cambridge stores have voted by an incredible 95.7 percent for strikes, and their BFAWU bakers’ union has now named Monday 4 September as the first strike day.
A strike committee of workers met and decided to go for the date for their historic action–the first ever strike at McDonald’s in the UK.